Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plan that suits your needs, from a single payment to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second-guessing if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. For more information on what is applicable, simply speak to one of our funeral directors. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Come see us at Reynars Funeral Home and Crematorium
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Designate your pallbearers and pick any music or readings you want at your service.
- There will be many other steps that we can walk you through in your advanced planning.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 percent of decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours after death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone; pre-planning gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wishes.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and adjustments can be made at any time.
- Remember we at Reynars Funeral Home are here to help you at any stage of your arrangements.
Looking for more information? Our funeral home is here to help guide you through this difficult time. This section contains helpful information for the days to come.
Taking the time to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. One of the most thoughtful gifts you can give your family is the pre-arrangement and pre-payment of your funeral.